Adventure tours in India are becoming popular by the day. More and more tourists like to take advantage of the wide variety of adventure sports available in India like biking, trekking, rafting, paragliding and other several varieties that India offers. Tourists and visitors are encouraged to see and witness the natural beauty in its full bloom but not threaten it. Some of the best places for nature friendly tourism are mentioned below:
- Kerala: Kerala eco tours are easily the most famous of the lot as it offers a wide range of places to see. The backwaters look ethereal when the golden glow of sunlight kisses its surface and to top it are the thousands of coconut trees that line up the place. But coconut and backwaters are not the only highlight of Kerala Eco Tours. Like Agra tourism guide Kerala has much to offer in terms of monuments of historical importance. This state, popularly known as ‘God’s own country’, also has diverse wildlife and plant life that will keep you on your toes.
- Agra (Uttar Pradesh): Agra tourism guide can never be complete without the mention of the Taj Mahal, called one of the wonders of the world. Besides Taj Mahal, there is Fatehpur Sikri and Agra fort which are no less regal than this wonder of plain white marble. Thanks to numerous gardens and parks built by Mughals in 14th and 15th century Agra is easily the city that nature-friendly tourism can look up to. Like Kerala Eco Tours, Agra to has several green places to see.
- Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand): This national park is the pride of India. Established in 1936, this is the place to head to if call of the wild is your passion. Tigers, elephants, leopards and other animals will leave you speechless. But the lure of Corbett does not end just here; there is Gajria temple, Dhangari museum and also Corbett waterfall to see. Therefore, it is advisable that if you come here, you must make sure to stay for a day or two so as to see all these places. Accommodation in Corbett is not a problem if booking is done in advance but emergency options are also available here. Also, like Kerala Eco tours, pollution or the arming natural biosphere is prohibited. Just be prepared with homemade remedies for fleas in case you’re visiting.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: This is the pristine territory completely untouched by ravages of human civilization. Ideal for lazing on beaches or to simply go wandering and soak in the wildlife and forests, this place is again a must visit. But unlike accommodation in Corbett, accommodation here is a tough find. It is advisable to check with your company or hotel before trying to venture here. Also this place does not have much to see in terms of monuments of magnificence, like the once that Agra tourism guide can boast of but the serenity has its own charm.
- Valley of flowers: This place is magical. The sheer thousand varieties of flowering plants in full bloom and the options available to indulge in trekking up and close to Himalayan Mountains is enough to cheer up the spirit. Like accommodation in Corbett, here too it can be sought easily and just like Kerala eco tours, strict regulation must be followed while touring the areas.